Saturday 29 August 2009

Camel Toe? No, Pigeon Toe

541 THC 04
W/E 21st August 2009
Camel Toe? No, Pigeon Toe.

Five for One – You read, at most, five, then you send me one reply.
All replies to 5014mack@gmail.com or my facebook profile.
One-Line reply – Qualify,
No reply - don’t fly.
THC – The Handkerchief Challenge.
See www.thehandkerchiefchallenge.blogspot.com/ for details on the rules, under the post “The Challenge”

This week I heard a lovely sound while out in my back garden. Was it the song of a thrush? Nope. Was it the voice of a toddler happily chatting herself to sleep? Nope, ‘though that’s pretty darn good. It was the sound of my 60-year old next-door neighbour Jeanne typing in her back room – On a typewriter! Why is that so wonderful? I don’t know, just the idea of someone still using a typewriter today. I quickly got Lindsay to come and listen and she said “she’s typing her memoirs”. My interest is piqued even more now. I would love to read what Jeanne has to write, I wonder if she’ll ever let anyone read them…

So we are still going through what I will only describe as project mayhem, again though, no jinxing, I cannot go into it further.

Julianna has invented an awesome new game that I love. I lie down on the grass in the garden and she runs circles around me, saying “are you dizzy yet?”
“No”
If you can keep that up for a while, you get a rest and she gets a bit of exercise to tire her out before bed – Result!

I’ve got a very important question for all of you aboard the bus – I’ve been reading a book called “The Men Who Wear the Star, The Story of the Texas Rangers” by Charles M. Robinson. While it is very well researched it can just wash over me at times (yeah, I’m listening to it in audiobook format – you actually thought I had time to READ?). I had no idea Texas was a separate country from the rest of the United States. With that in mind, would a handkerchief of the Texas flag be legitimate in this quest? Even though it isn’t a country any longer? I need your help. Am I copping out at the earliest of stages? Would it be legal? If so Mr Konrad Bergen may be the man to start this ball rolling…

Even of not, both Bergens are on the case with a flag-kerchief of their country – represent!

Julie doesn’t say radio it’s “Radi-adio” – presumably that’s in stere-erio, in stereo.

So picture this – You are single, you have never met your partner, you’re maybe a little younger and fancy free. You have been told that some twins of the opposite sex (or same, whatever your preference) are interested in you but you can only pick one. They are identical in everyway, even, for the sake of argument, in personality. One walks slightly pigeon toed (toes in), the other walks with their toes pointed out. Which do you go for?

The sandwich surprise keeps on coming on a daily basis. Subway has nowt on my Ma-in-Law Marsha! They would only offer you one condiment, sometimes I even get two! I know… I know… fantastic!

I’ve been putting in a few early mornings and my brewing padawan Nick has been putting in some seriously late evenings at the brewery. Ahh, double brewing, what a grand old monkey. I have come to the following conclusion though – I hate the shipping forecast! Controversial, I’m aware, but just when you are up for a bit of premium content from BBC Radio 4 you get “Fitzroy – good, German Bight…” GAH!

Ma-in-Law Marsha looked after Julianna on our Gretna-versary (the anniversary of our legal wedding in Gretna Green, not the actual “wedding” in Witney). We went out to celebrate and packed the following into the evening – a meal, a coffee (at a different place to the meal) and a film. It felt like being kids again. It was grand. Ten years eh?

The film was “The Time Traveller’s Wife” and yep, I cried like a baby on more than one occasion. I read the book last year (audiobook) and the year before (paperback – though I didn’t finish it, I found it a little hard at one point. No spoilers here so I’m not gonna say which part.) The film was amazing. It was a little weird (having the book so fresh in my mind) to be able to spot all the bits they missed out.

Some of you may have spotted a Beastie Boys reference in this 541, some of you may not.

Oh yeah, I think I myself am a little pigeon-toed, wait, what would be the singular form of that?

52 to go…

Have a great week,

The Daddy Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment